Position: Project Coordinator
Division/Unit: Reentry & Neighborhood Safety Programs
Reports to: Deputy Director, Reentry and Neighborhood Safety
Salary: $50,000 – $60,000, Exempt
Reentry & Neighborhood Safety Programs is a comprehensive strength-based recidivism reduction model located in high need under resourced areas in Downtown, West and East Oakland. Under general supervision of the Deputy Director of Reentry and Neighborhood Programs, the Project Coordinator will be responsible for taking a lead role in coordinating activities for the facilitation of case management activities to include, but not limited to referrals to outreach, case management, employment, education, peer support, rental assistance, housing navigation, and other referral services provided by community based agencies. Will also be responsible for staff supervision and documentation, facilitating weekly staff meetings, quality assurance, file review, and maintain accurate statistical records and prepare reports.
Duties & Responsibilities
Under the oversight of the Deputy Director of Reentry and Neighborhood Safety Programs and direct supervision of the Program Coordinator, the Peer Support Case Manager has multiple responsibilities at the Neighborhood Impact Hubs in Downtown, East and West Oakland.
Crisis Response and Program Management Responsibilities:
- Coordinates and plans all program and crisis response efforts.
- Ensures that all programmatic efforts are timely, targeted and successful.
- Participates in long term and short term program development and planning.
- Assists in program adjustments and project evaluation efforts, including the development and refinement of program quality standards, outcome indicators, performance measures, and other continuous improvement tools.
Administration and Compliance:
- Monitor program activities to ensure quality and accuracy of work product and outcomes. Must be available after hours and on weekends to respond to emergencies, outstanding crisis or events.
- Other duties as assigned.
(To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies):
- Communication, Written: Delivers written communications that have clarity and impact including emails. Communication, Verbal: Effective listener; clearly and thoughtfully communicates with others in person and
on the phone.
- Reliability: Accountable; maintains focus; punctual; good attendance record; meets deadlines. Time Management: Organizes and establishes priorities; gets the job done in a timely manner.
- Customer Service: Persists in efforts to solve issues even when faced with internal barriers; takes personal responsibility for customer service outcomes; responds quickly and effectively to requests for assistance and support whether internal or external.
- Computer Literacy: Skilled computer-based work tasks; uses technology to enhance job performance.
- Teamwork: Accountable to team; participates effectively in group- and team-work; collaborates positively with
other team members; giving and accepting constructive criticism.
- Tolerance for Stress, Ambiguity, and Change: Maintains composure even while under great pressure; handles complex problems and change with minimal supervision; demonstrates flexibility and versatility in achieving key goals and priorities.
- Attention to Detail: Strives to eliminate errors; makes accurate work a priority; seeks opportunities to improve performance.
- Decision Making: Collects, organizes, and analyzes information before making decisions. Takes a thoughtful approach when considering options; may seek supervision and/or input from others.
- Integrity and Ethics: Actively models the highest ethical standards; is honest and accountable; maintains confidentiality and appropriate boundaries at all times; handles sensitive information and issues with discretion and tact.
- Relationship Orientation: Establishes rapport easily with others; listens attentively to others’ perspectives; uses good judgment when sharing information and maintaining confidentiality; appropriately expresses empathy.
- Presentation Skills: Adapts presentation techniques to fit audience level and technical needs; develops and delivers communications that have clarity and impact; conveys confidence, presence, and professionalism; uses appropriate visual aids to illustrate key points and enhance learning.
- Interpersonal Skills: Uses active listening and discussion skills to identify issues, ensure understanding, and facilitate problem solving; works cooperatively with diverse groups; deals with others in a pleasant and professional manner; accurately assesses verbal and non-verbal cues.
- Accountability: Makes and meets commitments; accepts responsibility for behavior and outcomes.
Follow Through: Monitors status of projects and tasks; thoroughly deals with project details; delivers clear, accurate depiction of status.
- Cultural Sensitivity: Ability to work with a diverse population while withholding judgment. Willingly open to learn and understand different perspectives.
Education and Experience
- High School Diploma or equivalent combination of education and/or experience (may include specialty certificate) required, Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work, Public Health, Public Policy, Criminal Justice or closely related field preferred
- Five (5) years of experience in a leadership role in the field of reentry and violence prevention services
- Five (5) years of experience in the field of crisis response
- Experience and knowledge of public health needs, workforce development, housing first and street intervention operations
- Experience working with justice involved and victims of crime and their immediate and/or extended family
- Experience working with and influence on at-risk populations in Oakland, CA
- Experience or in depth knowledge of best practices in violence prevention, community empowerment, alternatives to incarceration, youth development and public safety
- Familiarity with Oakland, CA neighborhoods and community programs
- Current valid CA driver’s license with a clean driving record and ability to pass and maintain driving requirements and insurance requirements for van usage
- Must be available after hours and on weekends to respond to emergencies, outstanding crisis or events in any Oakland, CA neighborhood
- Must be able to build and have knowledge of community resources -Culturally competent and able to work with a diverse population
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Office applications, specifically Word Outlook and internet applications
- Integrity to handle sensitive information in a confidential manner
Skills and Abilities
- Ability to work in a collaborative partnership environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A clear understanding of, and the ability to demonstrate, professional ethics, boundaries, and judgment
- Professionalism, punctuality, flexibility and reliability are imperative
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal skills
- Action oriented
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Excellent organization skills and ability to multitask and juggle multiple priorities
- Outstanding ability to follow-through with tasks
- Strong initiative and enthusiasm and willingness to pitch in whenever needed
- Able to communicate well at all levels of the organization including working with organization leadership and high-level representatives of partner organizations
- Able to work within a frequently changing project scope while maintaining overall direction and structured priorities
Send resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
BOSS has an organizational commitment to affirmative action and is an equal opportunity employer.