High energy, organizing skills, communication skills, willingness to learn about BOSS’s participants, programs, and fundraising protocols.
BOSS needs help throughout the year to raise awareness of our work and engage new donor, volunteers and supporters. BOSS serves over 1,500 people a year at multiple programs across the County – each program requires a steady stream of supplies, equipment, food, and funds to sustain operations and life-changing services. Volunteers can help in many ways:
- Organize a collection of needed items (toiletries, towels, linens, art and office supplies, food)
- Ask your school, business, or faith place to host a BOSS speaker, so we can share our work
- Ask local businesses to donate or host a ‘BOSS Day’ where a portion of the profits is donated
- Ask guests at your birthday, anniversary, bar/bat mitzvah or other event to donate to BOSS
- Help maintain and expand BOSS visibility on social and traditional media
- Help with grant writing and researching potential funders
- Join the Fundraising Committee or provide advisory support
Volunteers are welcome to help in one or more than one of these areas – or suggest your own project!
Requirements: Volunteers in BOSS must be over 18, unless you are part of a school group and are chaperoned, or are conducting an off-site collection or drive.
Thank you for your generous spirit and desire to make a difference!