Assistant Property Manager: Minimum Requirements
Education and Experience:
AA degree required; BA degree preferred. Experience can be substituted for education.
Preferred Skills and Work Experience:
o Ability to hear and integrate critical feedback as well as to give critical feedback appropriately.
o Desire and ability to work with a racially and ethnically diverse clientele that is facing multiple challenges related to disabilities and homelessness.
o Access to a reliable vehicle, insurance, current CA driver’s license & good driving record.
o Possess a good driving record, have valid driver’s license and have access to reliable vehicle with insurance.
o Have a current certification in CPR/First Aid.
o Pass a criminal background check.
o Ability to lift twenty pounds to shoulder level.
o Ability to lift thirty pounds from ground to waist or visa-versa.
o Ability to work in a racially and ethnically diverse setting which serves individuals facing multiple challenges related to disabilities and homelessness.
o Verifiable history demonstrating good personal boundaries and ability to use authority appropriately.
o Familiarity with the purpose and use of standard power and hand tools, gardening instruments, and repair compounds.
o Flexibility in looking for creative solutions for problems
o Ability to trouble-shoot and acquire information and resources required to solve work-related problems.
o Working knowledge of CAL-OSHA standards and basic Illness and Injury Prevention Plans.
Assistant Property Manager: Overview of Position
Under the supervision of the Director of Operations, the Assistant Property Manager is responsible for Property Management activities at McKinley House, a Permanent Supportive Housing facility at BOSS. These duties include rent collection, tenant/landlord notifications and actions, vacancy notifications, securing lease agreements, community building events and other activities related to Property Management.
The hours of the position are variable including evenings and weekends.
Additionally, under the supervision of the Director of Operations, the Assistant Property Manager is an essential partner in the Operations team’s mission to provide a safe, secure and welcoming housing facility.
Assistant Property Manager: Responsibilities and Duties
- Conducts and/or oversees the collection of rents from BOSS housing participants where applicable.
- Insures timely cleaning and repairs to empty resident living areas after move-outs.
- Manages move out repairs and resident deposits.
- Oversees residential facilities, structures, and grounds and ensures compliance with all applicable governmental codes and standards.
- Demonstrates an interest and capability in project management.
- Inspects structures weekly for building codes and standards violations.
- Inspects structures and grounds for refuse, hazards, and broken equipment and implements repairs, replacement, or clean-up activities as required.
- Oversees and inspects repairs performed by external vendors and ensures they are proper and complete.
- Informs Program Managers, Coordinators and Operations Director of violations, hazards, or broken equipment.
- Assists Program Managers or Coordinators in securing the immediate safety of the residents and staff as required.
- Liaisons with external vendors regarding repairs beyond Operations Department abilities.
- Works collaboratively and in coordination with Operations Department staff, trainees, and volunteers to ensure that mutual/respective skills and resources are utilized effectively.
- Assists the Shared Services Manager and Operations Director in establishing policies and procedures related to workplace safety.
- Works with other community-based organizations and government agencies in the coordination of permanent housing activities.
- Plans, executes, and monitors fire and disaster drills bi-monthly and reviews performance with participants and staff.
- Consults with the Operations Director regarding operational budgetary concerns related to line items for maintenance and repairs.
- Collects funds associated with vending machines at program sites inclusive of laundry facilities; Submits proceeds to Fiscal Department.
- Prepares required reports in accordance with policies, codes, and contract specifications.
- Consults with and alerts Operations Director regarding major projects.
- Acquires bids and proposals for external contract services.
- Oversees the Maintenance of Material Data Safety Sheets Binder at all BOSS program sites.
- Assists the Operations Director in establishing policies and procedures related BOSS vehicle operation and maintenance; Oversees routine maintenance of BOSS vehicles where applicable.
- Insures the collection of security deposits; informs residents of costs incurred to be deducted from deposit amounts.
- Attends meetings as required.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Assistant Property Manager.