JOB TITLE: Overnight Monitor / Service Liaison
REPORTS TO: Services Coordinator
EMPLOYMENT STATUS: Non-Exempt
TIME COMMITMENT: Full-time and on-call positions available
BARGANING UNIT: Eligible representation by the California Professional Employees, #2345
STARTING SALARY: $20 to $22hr depending on experience, training and education
NOTICE: This job description is provided as a general summary of common job duties performed by individuals assigned this job title. It is not all-inclusive, nor is it intended to create a contract, written or implied, between employees and Building Opportunities for Self Sufficiency, nor does it in any way alter the employment-at-will relationship that exists between employees and Building Opportunities for Self Sufficiency. As a condition of employment, all agency employees are expected to perform job duties assigned by agency management even when such duties are not included in their job description.
Essential Functions (Duties and Responsibilities):
- Ensure a safe and manageable living environment for site residents.
- Monitors residential areas, is visible and continuously interacts with residents.
- Maintain a comprehensive and accurate written record of events that occur during shifts, as well as thorough incident reports.
- Maintain resident sign-in/out log as well as all other logbooks and records.
- Responsible for data collection using the HMIS database.
- Conduct periodic inspections of the facility and grounds through periodic rounds or CCTV monitoring to ensure security of facility.
- Assist residents within limits in processing issues and problem-solving.
- Monitor medication and log consumption in accordance to the medication policy of the program. Consult with direct supervisor or supervisor on-duty regarding residents’ personal needs, behavior and service planning.
- Engage in de-escalating conflicts as they arise and call on emergency services (Oakland Fire Department, Ambulance, Police) on an as-needed basis.
- Ensure that only authorized vehicles and authorized people are on site.
- Ensure that quiet hours are maintained from 10:00pm to 6:00am each night.
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Possess or be able to obtain CPR and First Aid certification.
- Position requires routine TB (Tuberculosis) testing and documentation.
- Background checks required.
- Able and willing to travel locally as needed.
- Knowledge of issues facing program participants (e.g. substance use, mental health, domestic violence, resources for undocumented individuals, workplace reintegration, etc.).
- Looking for someone who sees this as more than just a job. Someone who sees their role as that of working with program participants to become stable, economically, mentally and physically.
- Sensitivity to the needs of singles and homeless families; Able and willing to work with diverse staff and participant populations. Looking for someone who is caring and compassionate. Must demonstrate a willingness to work with participants from a service, strength based model, supporting clients in finding financial, emotional and physical stability.
- Supportive, patient, responsible, energetic and a team player.
- Must be able to document incidents and other relevant information. Looking for someone who can adhere to agency expectations for maintaining logs, writing reports, and inputting data regarding clients through the use of the computer.
Ability to read and comprehend instructions, short correspondence, memos, business correspondence and all other mental health related documents. Ability to write clear, concise and accurate correspondence. Effective oral and written communication skills.
Ability to solve complex problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Demonstrated skill with problem solving techniques.
Essential functions of the position may require use of a telephone, work at a standard computer terminal and the ability to follow reasonable ergonomic recommendations, sit for long periods, stand, reach, lift and carry 40 pounds, bend and climb ladders. Must be able to navigate several flights of stairs many times a day.
This position requires the individual to work with minimal supervision. Guidance is available as necessary, however, the individual is expected to be able to function autonomously and make individual decisions when appropriate. Position does require ability to interact with a variety of individuals and the ability to meet deadlines and time pressure based on the volume of work.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise and/or level of distractions in the work environment are usually moderate.
This job description is intended to convey information essential to understanding the scope of the Full-time Permanent Behavioral Health Technician. On-Call Behavioral Health Technicians will have fewer responsibilities. position It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of experience, skills, efforts, duties, responsibilities or working conditions associated with the position. Management reserves the sole right to add, modify, or exclude any essential or non-essential requirement at any time with or without notice. Nothing in this job description, nor by the completion of any requirement of the job by the employee, is intended to create a contract of employment of any type Employment is “Just Cause” and may be terminated at any time by the employer with cause.
BOSS is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in education and employment. BOSS does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, creed, national origin, age, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability in admission to, access to, treatment in, or employment in its programs and activities.
Send resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
Black, Indigenous, People of Color, and individuals with lived experience are highly encouraged to apply