Job Title: MAINTENANCE WORKER
Salary Range: $45,000/Annually
Reports to: Operations Manager
Under the supervision of the Director of Operations, the Maintenance Worker completes routine landscape maintenance, building maintenance and capital improvements at transitional and permanent housing facilities throughout Alameda County. The maintenance worker demonstrates how to use tools required to complete maintenance projects, models positive workplace professionalism and ethics.
- Inspects structures and grounds for refuse, hazards, and broken equipment and implements repairs, replacement or clean-up activities as required or notifies supervisor.
- Uses landscaping equipment including line trimmers, blowers, mowers and hedge trimmers
- Uses hand and power tools including circular saws, power drills, grinders and chop saws
- Demonstrates the proper usage of hand, power and landscaping tools
- Cleans and repairs empty resident living areas after move-outs.
General Building Maintenance Skills
- Conducting routine inspections of premises and equipment.
- Performing preventative maintenance.
- Handling basic repairs and maintenance.
- Overseeing contractors when professional repairs are necessary.
- Diagnosing mechanical issues and correcting them.
Building Layout, Materials, and Equipment
- Knowledge of finishes, fixtures and furnishings
- Routine/Preventive Maintenance
- Follow documented instructions/guidelines.
- Identification of repair or replacement needs beyond normal maintenance or servicing
- Repair Responsibilities
- “Housekeeping” of work site(s)
- Safety considerations, identification of hazardous materials, and waste disposal
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Above average math, writing, and reading skills
- Working knowledge of maintenance and repair manuals and system schematics.
- Above average oral communication and engagement skills.
Send resume and cover letter to:
Dina Mayfield, MBA, MHSR, MA
Director of Shared Services
1918 University Avenue, Suite 2A
Berkeley, CA 94704