Job Title: INTAKE COORDINATOR
Salary Range: $47,500/Annually
Reports to: Program Manager
The Intake Coordinator is responsible for the admission process for new patients by ensuring availability of reimbursement for services, identifying the clinical team to deliver care, and scheduling all patient visits within prescribed discipline and visit frequency requirements.
Responsibilities/Statement of Duties:
- Receives referrals and initiates the intake process.
- Coordinates to obtain the start of care date and/or discharge date.
- Enters new patient records in the system ensuring accuracy of all patient demographic information.
- Performs eligibility/insurance verification.
- Confers with the Program Manage and Clinical Coordinator as to the preliminary eligibility for service.
- Coordinates with the Program Manage and Clinical Coordinator, Billing Manager and clinical team to ensure required information is obtained for patient records.
- Schedules all visits to ensure that regulatory deadlines are met and staffing resources are optimized. Handles all scheduling exceptions and coordinates with the Program Manager and Clinical Supervisor as needed.
- Receives documentation and scans the records into the system following the Scanning Policies.
- Coordinates with the Program Manager to ensure required documentation is obtained from physicians.
- Reviews the weekly eligibility report and ensures that all corrections are made to patient demographic information.
- Reviews potential agency consolidated billing overlaps as identified in the weekly eligibility report and recommends action for eliminating agency conflicts.
- Adheres to HIPAA and patient information privacy requirements.
- Bachelor degree in criminal justice, psychology, sociology or a related field, plus at least 2 years of home health intake experience; Excellent working knowledge of primary home health diagnoses, related interventions and care protocols; Demonstrable experience with scheduling of patient services within specified discipline/frequency parameters; Ability to quickly learn new software applications.
Send resume and cover letter to:
Dina Mayfield, MBA, MHSR, MA
Director of Shared Services
1918 University Avenue, Suite 2A
Berkeley, CA 94704