Job Title: Housing Monitor
Reports to: Supervising Site Coordinator
Housing Monitors primary responsibility is to ensure the safety and security of participants. Program Aides are members of the staff team. Housing Monitors engage with and motivate participants, support the maintenance of community standards, facilitate groups and other learning opportunities, partner with participants and staff to maintain a safe, healthy environment that supports participant wellness and recovery goals. These positions provide an excellent opportunity to work and learn in either a social rehabilitation-based setting or a general shelter or drop-in center environment. Position may require overnight work.
- Facilitate and maintain effective relationships with participants while providing ongoing support to clients in accordance with identified needs and service plans.
- Responsible for hourly rounds that include walkthrough and safety check of the entire facility, as instructed by Supervising Site Coordinator.
- Complete daily documentation (neat, accurate & up-to-date) of issues related to program activities, group dynamics, individual client needs and behaviors and program needs.
- Assess and address milieu issues pro-actively and mediate conflicts when they arise.
- Support the development of community leadership by engaging clients in community building, personal and community empowerment and socialization activities.
- Uphold and maintain standards professional conduct, values and principles in all interactions with participants, community partners-providers and other BOSS staff.
- Provide regular Program Aide check-in and general support to participants.
- Other Duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED; an Associate’s Degree from a two or four year college is strongly preferred.
- Good understanding of diversity issues and ability to work cooperatively and respectfully with a diverse team of co-workers and a diverse client population.
- Good oral and legible written communication skills.
Send resume and cover letter to:
Dina Mayfield, MBA, MHSR, MA
Director of Shared Services
1918 University Avenue, Suite 2A
Berkeley, CA 94704