Job Title: FOOD SERVICES MANAGER
Salary Range: $60,000/Annually
Reports to: Program Manager
The Food Services Manager is responsible for coordinating food services for BOSS residential program kitchens, including hiring & training of cooks and & training & supervision of volunteers assigned to work in the kitchen, and all aspects of food preparation and food services for homeless residents. Responsible for overall management of food services, including ordering, managing, vendors, food cost, and ensuring the preparation of nutritious meals for residents in BOSS facilities. Work in a hands-on capacity with the cooks & volunteers. Model good work skills and pride in work. Maintain a positive learning environment with trainees. Ensure program follows policies and procedures and meets federal, state and local regulatory requirements.
- Responsible for ensuring the preparation of nutritious meals for residents in BOSS residential facilities serving single homeless men and women and families with children.
- Work in a hands-on capacity with the cooks & volunteers. Model good work skills and pride in work. Maintain a positive learning environment.
- Responsible for the purchase of food and kitchen supplies within the budget.
- Solicit & coordinate the pickup, disbursement & use of food donations for BOSS residential programs; provide excess donations to other BOSS programs.
- Act as the Food Bank Liaison for all BOSS programs; attend Network meetings.
- Responsible for menu development, planning and ordering. Incorporate donations and Food Bank items into menus, including fresh produce.
- Maintain accurate kitchen inventories. Monitor use of supplies and food in the kitchen. Complete and maintain appropriate records and forms neatly and accurately.
- Oversee the handling of all food, ensuring that it is handled in a safe and hygienic manner according to USDA standards and local health and safety codes. Facilitates and ensures a safe and sanitary kitchen environment.
- Manage vocational training and catering program.
- Four years experience in food services management with culinary training or equivalent experience preferred.
- At least four years’ supervisory experience or supervisory training experience.
Send resume and cover letter to:
Dina Mayfield, MBA, MHSR, MA
Director of Shared Services
1918 University Avenue, Suite 2A
Berkeley, CA 94704