Job Title: FOOD SERVICES COOK
Salary Range: $50,000 /Annually
Reports to: Food Services Manager
The Food Services Cook is responsible for storing, labeling, preparing and serving food & beverages in accordance with standard printed menus, special diets, applicable health standards and BOSS policies. The Cook is responsible for preparing & serving meals and maintaining the kitchen & dining areas in compliance with applicable codes and standards.
- Prepare meals, monitor the storage & use of food, condiments & drink products and kitchen/dining cookware & utensils, & supplies.
- Maintain kitchen and dining areas in accordance with applicable health & sanitation standard requirements.
- Routinely inspect the dining areas for health & safety deficiencies and correct when found.
- Maintains perpetual inventory of food and non-food stock.
- Rotate food stock according to date of purchase.
- Prepares nutritious meals for all reentry facilities.
- Supervises and trains clients assigned to work in the kitchen.
- Maintains inventory of donated food and non-food items.
- Maintains kitchen in a clean and health manner.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Food Safety Certification
- Good understanding of diversity issues and ability to work cooperatively and respectfully with a diverse team of co-workers and a diverse client population.
- Good oral and legible written communication skills.
Send resume and cover letter to:
Dina Mayfield, MBA, MHSR, MA
Director of Shared Services
1918 University Avenue, Suite 2A
Berkeley, CA 94704