- Annabelle, a 6-year-old girl who saved her allowance to donate to the children at Harrison House.
Barbara C. who bought gifts for the families at McKinley House and 130 gift bags of toiletries and candy for adults in various BOSS programs.
Gardenia S. gave gifts to all the children residing at McKinley House and the Ursula Sherman Village.
- Spring O. bought new sheet sets for every resident, and more, at the Rosa Parks Transitional Housing Program.
- All of the individuals, families, and groups who participated in the BOSS Adopt-A-Family Program this year included The Valas Family, The Crabtree Family, Martha S and her Oakland Girl Scout Troop #30647, and Angela L. from Head Royce School.
Lauren P., an employee of the PG&E San Francisco office, coordinated a gift card drive for adults in various BOSS programs.
Warm Wishes donated hundreds of backpacks filled with essential cold-weather items to each, and every BOSS participant.
The Berkeley Community Fund held a collection drive of socks and soap from their scholars during their annual holiday party.
- The Head Royce School students adopted 7 families at Ursula Sherman Village, McKinley House, and the Career Training & Employment Center.
- The Duck’s Nest Preschool students adopted 15 families at Ursula Sherman Village and McKinley House.
- Prospect Sierra School students gave gift cards for adults and families at Ursula Sherman Village and McKinley House.
- Black Pine Circle School students gave gift cards for adults as well as held a Mitten and Pajama Drive and bought household items for families at Ursula Sherman Village, McKinley House. They also had a tree decorating party including elves and Santa at the Ursula Sherman Village.
- Berkeley Holiday Fund, a program which is by way of the City of Berkeley, gave money to adults and families specifically the BOSS Clean Street, Payee Program, and Shelter Plus Care families.
- City of Berkeley, Division of Parks, Recreation, & Waterfront lead by Ms. Valerie R., collected gifts from City of Berkeley employees for our families at Ursula Sherman Village and McKinley House.
- Family Giving Tree coordinated gift drives from individuals for the BOSS Casa Maria Transitional Housing and the South County Homeless Project Emergency Housing Program.
- Hotel Shattuck Plaza gave christmas trees to all BOSS residential Programs, 6 trees in all.
- ELS Architecture & Urban Design held a toy drive for the children of the BOSS Career Training & Employment Center.
- One Warm Coat and the organizations/schools that coordinated through them including Ecology Center in Berkeley, Location Labs in Emeryville, the Buddhist Temple in downtown Berkeley, the UC Berkeley Athletic Department, and Bench & Bar that all chose BOSS as the recipient for their coat collection drives. We received over 300 warm coats!!
Some individuals gave $5. Some individuals gave $2,000. Every bit of it helped someone. It isn’t the amount given, but the intention for good behind the giving. The BOSS Family is so deeply grateful for all the gifts and well-wishing, the support and care-taking exhibited by the beautiful community in which we are so honored to be a part.